- This event has passed.
Natural Running Talk
10 April at 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
What is ‘Natural Running’?
While this term can be interchangeable (it can be known as ‘barefoot’, ‘chi’ or ‘minimalist’ running), the simplest way to describe natural running is the way the human body was designed to run in its purest form, usually barefoot, across solid form. When practised correctly, natural running can make a person stronger and less prone to injury.
In this talk, qualified Natural Running coach Stephen Gamble will give an introduction to the style, and how it can be of benefit to you.
- The differences between jogging and natural running
- Joining up the dots- correct alignment of the body
- The heel- ‘the loose adapter’
- Energy conservation- working with gravity
- How to reduce risk of injury with good running form
- Correct form and posture
- Gradual speed increase, safely and effectively
The talk is designed to pique your interest in natural running, and you’ll have the opportunity to sign up for regular natural running classes with Steve, which will commence the following week on 16 April.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar